Saturday, March 3, 2012

London Experience

So, I'm sitting here looking at all of the stats for my new blog - pretty impressive, considering I don't really have any friends :).  Anyway, it occurred to me how useful this format might be really useful for my trip! 

1.  I am in need of housing.  Of course, I have been given many hints for finding cheap housing through the various bnb, hostel, and room share sites.  They work really well and I have done these types of things before, ex: trip to Peru.  However, I am going to need a place that I can stay in for over 4 weeks.  My needs are simple:  a bed (preferably in my own room), and a commute of 30 minutes or less to Borough Market.  Of course, I won't have a car, but I love the subway and walking.  I am able to pay for housing, but I don't have a lot in the budget to spend, so I guess I'm looking to call in all "favors".  In exchange, I promise to keep said location's refrigerator well stocked with only the best cheeses!

2.  I am open to any/all suggestions for must-do EXPERIENCES in Ireland, Wales, Scotland, and/or the UK.  I love culture, food, drink, music, sports, and will generally try anything once.  Right now, I am trying to schedule a class at the world famous Ballymaloe Cooking School in Cork, Ireland.  Also, I'm trying to arrange a possible wine class - any suggestions????  Never been to a "real" soccer game, polo match, etc.  Definitely considering going to see the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields do Mozart's "Requiem".

What else??  Leave a comment or send me an email at:  chayes@zingermans.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment