Wednesday, September 23, 2015

PARMA

I have arrived in Parma. I rented an apartment for super cheap at the last minute from a woman through airbnb.  

She met me at the apartment and showed me around for five minutes.  As she leaves, she tells me that there is a pizza place open down the block. 

Upon arrival, I find that it is a charcuterie, cheese, and restaurant. 
I order a plate of culatello with rustic bread and butter and then, a Napoli-style pizza with pomodoro sauce, mozzarella, basil, and gorgonzola.  Absolutely jaw dropping meal.
  
I go to the register to pay and the server tells me, in very bad english, that the culatello is on the house, because I'm staying in Sara's apartment.  

WHAAAAA????

Oh yeah, and I had the funnest day ever as a person working in the cheese industry earlier in the day.

NO PICTURES WILL BE ATTACHED TO THIS POST - EVER.


Well, I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment