Friday, July 27, 2012

Drink Offerings

So, one must not come to Ireland without trying the drink offerings right?!?  So, yeah, I'm trying a beer tonight, but first I had to do whiskeys:  When in Rome, right?!?

Anyway, I've tried Jameson & Jameson 12-year, Redbreast 12 yr., Connemara, Paddy, Danny Boy, Midleton Very Rare, Midleton - Barry Crockett Legacy, and Kilbeggan.  Of course, the Midleton's are the cream of the crop going for around 150 Euros per bottle.  The Midleton's were, by far, my favorites, to my wife's dismay.  However, the Danny Boy, was very good and so was the Jameson 12-year.  I really did not care for the Connemara which is quite harsh and has almost a 'pulpy' texture.

Obviously, since I was close enough, I had to hit the world famous Jameson Distillery in Midleton, just outside of Cork, Ireland.  One hour tour, with a glass at the end, unless you were lucky, like me, and got selected as part of the elite 'tasting' crew.

Entrance

Front Gate

Front Gate

Tasting Room

Restaurant

Dream Shelf

Mash Building

Cool Truck!!

Power Wheel

Distillery Silos

Why is the picture upside down?

Largest Still Pot in the World

Johnnie Walker vs. Jameson vs. Jack Daniels



No comments:

Post a Comment