Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Neal's Yard Dairy


Yep, that's me.  Wasn't sure if I was supposed to smile or be serious.  Sorta like for high school team photos, I guess.  



Anyway, spent 8 hours today at the caves for Neals Yard Dairy.  Dave was my trainer and instructor for the day.  He is an awesome Aussie with a cheesemaker background.  It's one of three locations they have found here.  On the agenda: a grand tour, meeting the staff, washing cheeses, flipping cheeses, and tasting cheeses.  

I took a lot of photos, but want to share just a couple.  Definitely more to come!!!




The Offices - Adjacent to the Caves



One of the many Cheese Shelves - with charts & thermometers



The tasting crew taking notes


It was a nice hard working shift - I had a lot of fun and learned a lot (thanks to Dave & Vio).  Tomorrow, another cheese shift with a special visit from my FAVORITE goat's milk cheesemaker, Mary Holbrook.  If you haven't had her cheese, then you are missing out on something truly special - my favorite:  Old Ford.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment